The Business/Finance Department performs the following functions in support of District operations:
- Coordinates the development of District budget to include forecasting enrollment, revenue and expenditures
- Records District financial transactions in accordance with Federal, State and District regulations
- Prepares monthly financial reports
- Oversees receipt and deposit of cash throughout the District
- Manages investment transactions through the Adams County Treasurer’s Office
- Provides fiscal reporting and other financial information to District, the Public and the State and Federal Agencies
- Provides grant accounting and reporting
- Issues payments to suppliers for goods and services, and to employees for reimbursement of travel and expense reimbursements
- Manages Accounts Receivable
- Acts as the District liaison to the Washington State Auditor’s Office
- Manages risk through the School Insurance Association of Washington (SIAW) insurance pool.
Additionally, the Finance Department coordinates an annual Employee Benefit Fair. Over twenty vendors and insurance providers attend. This event provides an excellent opportunity for staff to meet benefit providers, get questions answered and enter drawings for some great prizes.