OSD 7-12 Dress Code
The Othello School District, Grades 7-12 dress code, supports our District Vision to cultivate a safe environment of respect and rapport, where instruction is intentional, engaging, challenging, and accessible for all students. Our school dress code is a way to teach students the importance of a respectable appearance, a lesson that can positively impact self-respect, self-esteem, and preparation for what is expected in the global setting and workplace. This dress code will be applied at the judgment of the school administration.
- In order to encourage a positive and safe school environment, attire that promotes alcohol, drugs, inappropriate or offensive images/language, or anything that could disrupt the educational process, is prohibited.
- Clothing with holes, rips, or tears below mid-thigh are acceptable (leggings must be worn underneath for holes above mid-thigh).
- Oversized or saggy clothing, which may reveal undergarments, is not permitted.
- Clothing must be modest and appropriate for the school setting. Bare midriffs, tank tops, pajamas, or visible underwear is not permitted.
- Shorts and skirts must be mid-thigh length or longer.
- Footwear, at a minimum, must meet minimum safety requirements in any educational environment or setting (classroom, science lab, weight room, wood/metal shop, etc.)
- Any dress that promotes gang activity in a public school setting is strictly prohibited for any individual student or groups. We understand gang dress, tattoos, and styles evolve through time and this enforcement will be at the discretion/judgment of school administration. If necessary, we may consult with Adams County Juvenile Court and/or the Othello Police Department.
- Heads must be uncovered while in buildings.
- Sunglasses may not be worn in buildings.
- School Administration may exercise their authority to determine/enforce any clothing that is a major disruption to the school environment.