New OHS Sports Spectator Rules
With the Governor’s announcement that the State will be moving to Phase 3 we are excited to have more flexibility in having families attend events. The new guidelines for outdoor facilities with permanent seating up to 1600 spectators, schools may operate at 50% capacity or a maximum of 400 people, whichever is fewer. For facilities with permanent seating for more than 1600 spectators, schools may operate at 25% capacity. For outdoor activities, the Phase 3 guidelines indicate that participants, officials, coaches and staff do not count toward the capacity restrictions as they did in Phases 1 and 2. Indoor activities in Phase 3 may have up to 400 individuals at an event or at 50% capacity, whichever is fewer. For indoor activities, participants, coaches, officials and staff do still count toward the capacity restrictions.
Please know that each facility and school is different so the number of people in attendance will change depending on the venue. The GSL is committed to try to maximize the new guidelines while also being fair to home and visiting teams.
Please help us in creating the safest environment possible for our athletes and families by wearing masks and practicing social distancing when you are in attendance at athletic events. Also, please do not attend if you are feeling sick, have a fever or have been exposed to Covid.
Boys/Girls Cross Country (Varsity and Sub-Varsity Teams):
- Currently no spectators will be allowed at the start/finish lines or around team locations.
- With Cross Country meets competing in Parks and open areas, parents can be around the course but please remember to wear a mask, be socially distanced and please stay off of the runner’s pathways.
Football (Varsity and Sub-Varsity Teams):
- Each participating away athlete at the Freshman and JV level will have 2 places for family members on a pass list. This number may be expanded depending on the Home Teams venue.
- At the Varsity level the Home Team will determine the capacity of the stadium and the available number of seats after considering social distancing. The Home team will work with the visiting team to determine the number of family members that can attend.
- The Home team will determine the method for families to attend through a ticketing procedure for both teams. Depending on home and visitor seating in the stadium, tickets will be divided 60/40. Each participating Cheerleader, Drill Team Member and Football player will receive 4 tickets for home games.
- Each participating away athlete, on any level team, will have 2 places for family members on the pass list. Depending on Stadium capacity, additional family members of participating athletes will be expanded.
- Each participating home athlete will receive 4 tickets.
- Each participating home athlete will receive 4 tickets. Depending on Gym capacity, additional family members of participating athletes will be expanded.
- All Varsity level participants, or sub-varsity for any Senior athlete, each visiting player will have 2 spots available on a pass list.
Dance Teams or Halftime performances are allowed and will be counted as participants not fans.
Please know that each school's AD will be communicating on the number of attendees and ticketing procedures.
Thank you for your support and understanding!