Meet Our Kindergarten Teachers
Mrs. Cantu Mrs. Moore
Mrs. Puhlman Mrs. Strumski
Kindergarten September News
It has been a very busy beginging of the school year. The second week of September we started reading and math groups. We have been learning/reviewing the letters in the alphabet and how to get along as friends in a new environment. It has been easy for some and harder for others.
This month our school is working on attendance. Please remember that your child needs to be in their classroom, ready to learn at 8:20AM. The following is some information about attendance:
- If a student is 10 minutes late to school each day, this adds up to missing more than 33 hours of class time. A student with a 90% attendance average for Kindergarten through 12th grade will miss over a year of accumulated time in the classroom.
- Poor attendance can keep children from reading proficiently by the end of third grade, which is shown to negatively affect their chances of graduating on time.
- By the sixth grade, a chronically absent student is shown to have significantly higher chance of dropping out of high school.
How to help at home:
- Practice letter names and sounds.
- Practice Counting to 30. (Listen closely to the teens, make sure that theyre not skipping numbers)
- Read to/with your child nightly.
- Practice the sight words: I, Can
- Make sure your child gts plenty of sleep.