Dear Students, Staff and Parents:
Our commitment at Wahitis Elementary is to prepare every student for a successful middle school experience.
High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance and responsible citizenship are the foundation of our school. It is with pride that we hold these high standards and ask each of our students to commit to maintaining an extraordinary record of achievement and displaying the GRIT that has been the aspiration of Wahitis students.
Below are our beliefs regarding teaching and learning that we developed as part of this process.
What we believe:
- All of our kids are all of our kids.
- It’s all about relationship.
- All of our kids can meet standard.
- Nobody gets to give up, opt out, or fail.
- Every decision comes down to “what’s best for kids?” not what’s convenient for adults.
What we expect of ourselves:
- We will team. Collaboration is not optional.
- We will teach to standard, teach to mastery, and teach with intensity.
- We will have high expectations.
- We will give our kids more than academic skills. They will leave us with confidence, determination, and a life plan.
- We will find solutions, not make excuses.
- We will never be perfect but we will constantly strive to get better.