OHS Parents & Community Members,
Thank you for your support of our students in our Othello School District. We, at Othello High School, invite you to be involved in our school. There are many benefits to your involvement in your student’s educational experience. According to the National Center for Family & Community Connection with Schools (http://www.sedl.org/connections/resources/evidence.pdf), they’ve described the benefits of parent involvement such as:
- higher grade point averages and scores on standardized tests or rating schedules,
- enrollment in more challenging academic programs,
- more classes passed and credits earned,
- better attendance,
- improved behavior at home and at school, and
- better social skills and adaption to school.
We have numerous opportunities to strengthen our partnership in learning for our students. We have clubs and activities where parents can work alongside our students. We also have different committees such as our school improvement planning committee, our PBIS/Renaissance (Positive Behavioral Intervention Systems) committee, etc. We are also very open to suggestions to maximize our parent night experience for any essential topic at OHS. For any questions or interest in any of our different groups and committees, please feel free to contact our Othello High School Administration at 509-488-3351. Our OHS Administration includes:
- Carlos M. González, Jr. – OHS Principal
- Brian Wood – OHS Vice Principal
- Dr. Chris J. Blackman – OHS Vice Principal
Thank you for your trust and support of our great school!
For Our Students,